Most people discover a water leak far too late to prevent damage. By the time the water stain develops on your ceiling or wall, or you notice one of the obvious signs of a leak, the water has already performed structural damage and likely encouraged the growth of mold. In order to remain informed about the condition of your house and its needs, we recommend that every homeowner familiarize themselves with the hallmarks of common water leaks.
The Most Common Types of Leaks
Large or small, a water leak can perform serious damage. Keep your eyes peeled for signs of the following, and call for professional service at the first appearance.
- Leaky Tub or Shower: Failed seals are generally the cause for these bathroom leaks.
- Leaking Toilet: Toilets can have both interior and exterior leaks. Internal ones will drive up your water bill, while external leaks can damage your flooring.
- Sink Pipe: The pipes below your sink can leak, creating ideal conditions for mold.
- Hot Water Heater Leak: These leaks can occur due to damage to the heater’s tank, and can themselves render considerable consequences.
- Washing Machine Hose: A leak here can be particularly disastrous if left undetected.
- Water Pipes: The severity of these leaks can run the gamut from disastrous to minor. If you have a leaking water line, call for immediate, emergency aid.
- Roof: Severe storms and old age can leave a roof highly vulnerable to leakage.
If you’ve determined the likely source of a water leak, repair should represent your next step. If a troublesome leak has appeared in your yard, contact a trusted professional for water line repair in Oley, PA and the surrounding area. If, on the other hand, you’ve determined that a roofing leak is the cause of your trouble, you can trust our team for needed repairs in Oley, PA. To learn more about this or any of our services, call Mast Roofing and Construction, Inc. today at 610-689-3737.